Please contribute to the efforts we are making to provide a more humane treatment and a more pleasant stay at our Institute.
– Maintain your personal hygiene and cleanliness of the rooms you spend time in;
– If you decide to keep your valuables (money, jewelry) close to you, the Institute will not be held responsible for their potential loss;
– Creating disorder and anything that can disrupt the patients’ quiet time is not allowed;
– Damaging the property of the Institute is not allowed.
– Smoking is not allowed in rooms and hallways of the Institute, except in day care units of hospital departments in specific periods of time;
– During the rounds, you are required to be in your hospital bed and turn off your mobile phone;
– You are required to observe the schedule of therapy and the meals served at the dining room;
– Leaving the Institute is not allowed, except with the permission of the practicing physician and after informing the on call nurse;
– Spending time at the dining room and watching television is allowed by 22:00h at the latest
Schedule of daily activities:
Breakfast: 8:00 to 9:00h;
Lunch: 13:00 to 14:00h;
Dinner: 18:00 to 19:00h.
Therapy is dispensed after meals.
Visiting hours are from 16:00h to 18:00h on working days and from 14:00h to 16:00h on weekends.
Visits outside of these times are allowed with a written permit issued by the Head of Department.
No more than two visitors are allowed per patient at any one time. Visitors are required to leave the room during the rounds, medical interventions and provision of health care.
Patients whose condition is improving according to the doctors’ opinion will be allowed to leave the hospital on weekends, and eventually sleep at home, and if necessary on working days too. At the Department for Psychotic Disorders, a family member’s signature is required for the patient to leave the hospital, while this is not necessary at the Department for Crisis Situations and Affective Disorders.
As patients, you will be informed about the rules of conduct at the admission to the hospital.
If you fail to observe these rules, you will receive a warning, and in case of repeated or gross violation of discipline, you will be asked to leave the Department.
Patients’ family members can get the information about their condition from the practicing physician at the telephone number which will be given to them or to the patients on the day of admission.
During your stay at the hospital or after the discharge, you can write all your complaints, commendations and suggestions in the patients’ satisfaction book.
GUIDE FOR PATIENTS
PATIENTS’ RIGHTS AND DUTIES